What are our policies? and our ethical stances?

Limen Leap Labs believes in full accountability, transparency, equality and ownership of responsibilities.

We do not discriminate using any of the classification systems that society has invented, such as religion, caste, creed, nationality, gender and so on. We believe that none of us are perfect, and none of us think in exactly the same way. We are all somewhere on the autistic spectrum i.e. all our brains are wired differently and so we need to celebrate the uniqueness that each of us have.

We encourage critical thinking and spend a lot of time weeding out logical fallacies and cognitive biases.

The most important trait we want in a person is the ability to stand corrected in light of new, verified knowledge because such a person will then be

• a good listener (else how will he/she know that there is new knowledge)
  • can accept cognitive dissonnance (else how will he/she change his/her mind?)
  • can respect the uniqueness that each one brings to the table
  • is a continually learning person (essential at L3)
  • has a wider set of viewpoints to construct logical arguments
  • would usually end up with the correct moral stance

Note that we do not like sycophancy. When we mention that people need to stand corrected; the correction is needed ONLY in light of new, verfied knowledge put on the table and is not based on subjective understandings or with statements such as “I am superior. I am telling you” or “My religion says so” or “ancient history says …” and so on.

Generally :slight_smile: , collective words such as “generally”, “everybody” and references to stereotypes are abhorred in formal argumentation at our office.

We do not believe in any kind of extreme positions; such as extreme right wing or extreme left wing; and since all these are artificial classes people are divided into, as explained before; we do not want to go there. We would rather go deeper and understand an individual as an individual and individual situations as unique situations which may need to be resolved on a case to case basis.

Instead of dividing people rigidly, it is better to understand nuances. Here is a nice video by Jonathan Haidt that explains how to look at people’s moral stances from their roots instead of hurriedly shoving people into stereotypes